Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Just me.

Don't know if anyone out there in the blog-o-sphere will ever find me, but here I am. A real mom, with real kids, with real goals and right now: real frustrations.


I needed a place to be real and honest. With myself. To let how I really feel about being a mom just be.

I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 5 years. He is sweet, supportive and slow to anger. Really, the opposite of me. We never thought we would make it this far in life together, but growing up as a couple has its advantages. We knew what we wanted in a family before deciding to become one.

I am a mother of 2 boys. L1 is almost 3 years old, a voracious fan of Mickey Mouse and all things Pixar. He loves to play outside, inside, upstairs or down. He loves his friends and family and talks about them constantly. L2 is amost 1 (where did the time go?!) and is very vocal, full of spunk, and knows how to get the attention he needs. He also has a plethora of food allergies that seem to have had a big hand in his sensitivities as well as the resulting rash. We seem to have that under control now by cutting out dairy, soy, and gluten.

This blog is not full of handy advice. It is not my way of gaining sympathy, or for anyone to feel sorry for me. This is my way of getting out what I think and feel. Maybe someone else out there is feeling the same, we can take refuge in the fact that we are not alone in this struggle. If not, them at least I can make it through another day feeling better about not keeping it all inside but not taking it out on my kids or husband.

We are trying our best to be gentle, attached parents, and this will be the tale of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment