Friday, January 13, 2012

Fix-It Up Friday: January 13th, 2012

Well, the two weeks are up! And... there is room for improvement. There were a few challenges I didn't take into account when I made my schedule.


  • My husband is asleep during the day. This limits my access to the bedroom. Also to our bathroom. And the laundry.
  • I am a busy girl! Play dates, story times, field trips, grocery runs, lunch plans. So no time to do chores during the day. It wouldn't be any big deal, except: after going out with three kids I am ready to come home, get dinner ready and get reconnected in hopes of a smooth transition to dinner and bedtime. And after bedtime is when L3 settles in for some major nursing, so nothing gets done then either.
Luckily, Mike has taken up getting home in the wee hours of the morning and doing a run through of the living and playrooms, as well as loading the dishwasher and starting our oatmeal in the crock pot. This helps immensely. 

So, aside from the Daily Tasks that we really can't put off, I reorganized tasks into 3 days. 

See it here.


Nothing much more to say aside from: we'll have to see how this one goes.

How do you manage to keep up at home on the days when you are gone? I am trying to remember how I managed my home when I worked full time!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a flow chart on Pinterest that I loved, that had too much work, but the idea was cool. That's what I'm attempting now. Well, that's what is in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!!! I also have a thing: "Get this ONE thing done today." It used to be three things, but that failed me for about three months before I reduced it to ONE.

    ReplyDelete