Monday, January 2, 2012

Meal Plan Monday: January 2nd, 2012

I feel like our Meal Plan should be some sort of New Year New Food deal. Then I decided: screw that. We are still adjusting to a new baby, I am not adding a bunch of new recipes that take my time. So, I went with TWO new recipes, and left the rest as some trusted favorites. Enjoy!

Taco Salad
Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese (subbing pumpkin, because I still have ton!)
Halibut Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole

Baked Ziti
Penne pasta
3c Spaghetti sauce
2c Mozzarella cheese
2c Ricotta cheese

Boil noodles until just done. While boiling, mix ricotta cheese with  spaghetti sauce. Drain noodles, toss with sauce mixture, place in oven safe dish. Top with grated mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 until hot, finish under broiler for browned cheese on top.


2 comments:

  1. 1st try... I heated the sauce and added meatballs (then cut them) for some meat content. I didn't have to bake then, so I went straight to broil.

    I think I still should have baked it some to let the ricotta... melt? I have a LOT of leftovers, though, so we'll either bake it again tomorrow... or I'll bag it up for freezing. I think we'll have it tomorrow. re-baked.

    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you use Penne instead of Ziti noodles? I made it with Penne the 1st time, then forgot and got Ziti the 2nd time.

    And how much pasta goes with these measurements?

    ReplyDelete